Q: I’ve been re-decorating and have ended up with lots of leftover paint. It seems a waste to throw it all out. Do you have any advice on what to do with it, Dr Dulux? Rachel, Bath.
A: Don’t worry Rachel, there’s definitely no need to let leftover paint go to waste, especially if you’ve made some great colour choices. Here are my top five ways to use up old paint, just take your pick!
1. For a simple take on an art-inspired feature wall, tear along the sides of some old lining paper. Blend your leftover emulsion from top to bottom. Then, drip some water over the top to make a striking wall panel.
2. Paint pieces of old driftwood and attach to the wall for a unique, 3D installation.
3. You can use up leftovers from tester pots to paint over a boring cork pinboard. Use darker shades to create a striking background for your favourite photos, postcards and to-do lists.
4. Combine a few brush-fulls of leftover paint and transform a simple plant pot into an elegant, colourful piece of bespoke homeware.
5. Channel your inner artist and have fun dripping leftover paint onto a canvas. Who knows, it may be the start of your new artistic career – or, at the very least, will provide you with some fantastic artwork to hang on your freshly-painted walls.
Need more help to recreate the look or trend in your own home? Contact our Dulux Design Service to find your nearest Dulux designer on 0333 222 7021 or visit www.duluxdesignservice.co.uk