Version 1.0, Published 22 July 2020
The One Coat money-back guarantee entitles a customer to a refund if they have purchased a Simply Refresh One Coat or Simply Refresh Feature Wall product (“the Product”) but find that coverage after one coat is not satisfactory on the Terms and Conditions set out below (“the Guarantee”). The Guarantee is offered by Imperial Chemicals Industries Limited trading as ICI Paints AkzoNobel (“AkzoNobel”). The Guarantee is subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
1. Claims must be made within 6 months of purchase and proof of purchase is required.
2. The Guarantee only applies if all manufacturer’s instructions are strictly complied with (including application on properly prepared surfaces and in accordance with the instructions as noted on-pack, on the datasheet and on the colour label instructions). For the avoidance of doubt, the Guarantee does not apply if problems have been caused due to issues outside of our control (for example an issue with the substrate).
3. Certain surfaces are difficult to paint, in which case you are required to call the Customer Advice Centre at AkzoNobel Decorative Paints for advice within 6 months of using the Product. Our customer service agents are available Monday-Friday during normal working hours on 0333 222 7171, via email to email@example.com or post to The AkzoNobel Customer Advice Centre, The AkzoNobel Building, Wexham Road, Slough, SL2 5DS.
4. AkzoNobel will assess your claim and reserves the right to send a representative to inspect any work undertaken and to ensure that the Product and its applicants meet the conditions for the Guarantee to apply. The decisions of AkzoNobel are final.
5. Upon validation of a claim, a refund will be issued within 14 working days.
6. The Guarantee is restricted to a refund of the cost of the Product only and excludes any claim for labour or any other costs (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, damage, or costs incurred by any customer in any way in connection with the Product). These exclusions do not exclude or restrict liability for death or personal injury resulting from the negligence of AkzoNobel, or its employees or agents or anything else that the law says we cannot exclude.
7. We reserve the right to reject a Guarantee claim if we have reasons to believe that they are fraudulent or that there has been any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
8. It is not necessary for customers to return the unsatisfactory product (unless we specifically request it in which case we shall arrange and pay for carriage). Returns will not be accepted. Disposal of any product is the responsibility of the customer.
10. Please retain these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
11. We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
12. Your statutory rights are not affected.
13. The Guarantee is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.