Dreaming of a more inspiring dressing area for dolling-up? Transform the wall behind your dressing table with dalmatian spots for a simple but stylish way of making it stand out from the rest of the room. This on-trend pattern is oh-so-easy but oh-so-dramatic. Take your colour cues from Cruella de Vil with Rich Black on White Cotton for an outrageous but glamorous look. It’s simply perfect paired with shimmering gold and copper accents in trinkets and treasures out on display.
More really is more when it comes to this dalmatian design, so don’t be afraid to add another bold statement with a thick skirting board in similar Rich Black. Don’t have a high skirting board? Fear not: you can recreate this effect by masking off a little higher and painting a raised edge along the wall. Nobody will know the difference. For eclectic elegance, mix quirky bohemian décor in dusty pink, like a rustic woven mat, with Art Deco glam, such as a tasseled pouffe in emerald green; then add a contemporary touch with mid-century style furniture – this luxe, leather-bound table with copper legs certainly does the trick.
Dress the table with interesting and inspiring objects such as art collected from travels or crafts handmade with love, and be sure to display your jewels rather than stash them away in drawers. Meanwhile, a lamp in soft pastel shades is both practical and pretty.
Bring this Dalmatian wall to life in your own dressing area with our simple step-by-step guide.
To get the look you’ll need:
- Dulux Easycare in Rich Black
- Dulux Easycare in White Cotton
- A3 white paper for stencils
- Masking tape
- Small foam radiator roller & tray
- Tape measure
- Coloured chalk
- Dust sheet
- Paint your wall in Dulux Easycare White Cotton and allow to dry.
- Measure and mark out a square area for adding the spots. Rub chalk along a length of string. Stretch the string across the wall and secure it with masking tape at each end. Check the string is straight, then ping it to leave a chalk line across the wall. Remove the string and mask tape along your perfectly straight lines.
- Fold your pieces of paper and tear out holes of various sizes to create a spotty stencil.
- Hold the stencils in place with masking tape then fill with Dulux Easycare Rich Black.
- Fill the space with increasingly smaller spots.
- Enjoy your spotty space!