Many kids have complex imaginations, and love to jump into a world of fantasy. This room has magic at its core, and will allow your child to go on adventures with all their favourite storybook characters, away from the pressures of adult life.
Difficulty: 2 out of 5
Time: weekendDownload step-by-step guide
Feed your child’s imagination and bring their favourite tales to life by transforming their space into a fairytale world.
Set the scene by transforming their walls into cloud-studded skies, add a teepee hideaway and plenty of scatter cushions, and they’ll have their very own storybook corner. Whether they like to read alone or together, this bedroom theme will encourage them to start the next chapter of their literary adventures.
Turning their walls from a blank page to a blue sky is easy – read on for our step-by-step guide:
You will need:
- Blue Babe – enough to paint the whole room
- 2.5 litre Jasmine White paint tin
- 2 x 250ml tester pots of Goose Down
- 2 x 250ml tester pots of Polished Pebble
- 1 x Dulux 2” brush
- 1 x Dulux 3” brush
- 3 x car sponges with dense foam
- 2 x large elastic bands
- Coloured chalk (we recommend children’s coloured chalks, as they stain less)
- Dust sheets
- Small stepladder – preferably one that has a grab handle and one that will allow to reach the ceiling
- Tee pee, Molly Meg
- Could mats, Le Redoute
- Cloud cushion, Ikea
- Bean bag, Molly Meg
- Pink linen cushion, H&M Home
- Green stripe pillow case, H&M Home
- Small pink pillow case, Merci
- Pink checked cushion, Ikea
- White throw, Ikea
- Unicorn slippers, John Lewis
- Wooden crates, Ikea
- Unicorn puppet, Ikea
- Unicorn toy, Amazon
- Large piggy bank, Stylist's own
- Books, Stylist's own
- Toy dog, Stylist's own
- Toy rabbit, Stylist's own
- Toy pony, Stylist's own
- Table lamp, Habitat
- Fake birds, Rocket St George
- Fairy lights, Ikea
Roll up! Roll up! And find out just how to transform your child’s room into this circus-inspired big top.
Take your kid on a decorating adventure and turn their room into a jungle-themed escape, perfect for budding explorers.
On your marks, get set, transform! If your kid is a budding athlete, then this sport theme is just the ticket.
You should aim for the stars when decorating your kid’s room, and when they see this stunning space theme, they’re going to be over the moon!
The positive impact of involving kids in decor decisions
Decorating your kid’s room isn’t just about how the finished space looks. It’s about the experience you and your child undergo throughout the process – and their feelings of pride and ownership in their new-look bedroom they helped to create. Here’s what happened when we gave a little girl free rein to design her own bedroom…Find out more