Click to Purchase
Dulux Easycare Washable & Tough uses innovative stain repellent technology to repel liquid spills, making them easier to wash away. Find out more
If your kid loves sport, this room is perfect. The bright colours, straight lines and numbers on the wall perfectly mix fun and functional, helping your child see connections between play time and school.
Difficulty: 2 out of 5
Attention all sports fans! What better environment to nurture energy-filled kids than with a vibrant sports-themed zone of their own?
Giving them a space that echoes their favourite hobbies and games might just take them that extra mile further when it comes to seeing their goals through – and teach them that whether they win or lose, it’s the taking part that counts. That’s what we call a win-win situation.
Read on for our step-by-step guide for transforming your little sport star’s space. Get ready, get set, go!
1) Paint the walls Jasmine White.
2) Measure and mark the position of the track lines at the top of the wall using coloured chalk.
3) Run some coloured chalk over the string of a plumb line and then line up with the measurements and fix with masking tape.
4) Allow the weight to stop moving then pull the string tight against the wall and ‘pluck’ it off the surface to create a chalked line.
5) Follow the chalked lines with masking tape and rub the edges down well.
6) Apply a coat of white background colour over the masking tape to seal the edges and allow to dry.
7) Apply two coats of Tangerine Twist to your wall, allowing the first coat to fully dry before applying the second.
8) When the second coat is touch-dry, remove the masking tape carefully.
9) Snap a horizontal chalk line to help position the number stencils. Make sure they are evenly spaced and then hold in place with masking tape.
10) Use a small foam radiator roller to apply white over them – they will need two coats, so leave stencil in place between coats.
You will need:
- Jasmine White – enough to paint the whole room
- 2.5 litre Tangerine Twist paint tin
- 5 x rolls of 2” low tack decorators masking tape (Frog tape)
- 1 x roll of 1” normal masking tape
- 1 x Dulux 2” brush
- 1 x Dulux 3” brush
- Coloured chalk (we recommend children’s coloured chalks, as they stain less)
- Number stencils
- 1 x small Dulux roller kits
- 2 x large Dulux roller kits
- Dust sheets
- Small stepladder
- Bed frame, Ikea
- Bed linen, Tesco
- Rug, Ikea
- Storage sacks, This Modern Life
- Trainers, Stylist's own
- Books, Stylist's own
- Helmet, Cyclechic
- Medals, Stylist's own
- Trophies, Stylist's own
- Football, Amazon
- Hooks, Ikea
- Denim shirt, Stylist's own
- Wooden baseball bat, Athlete Shop
- Gymnastic batons, Fire Toys
- Ice skates, Stylist's own
- Skate board, Argos
- Metal locker, Hire
- Green stripe T shirt, Primark
The Dulux Kids' Bedrooms Workbook
Ready to get started? Download the free kids' bedrooms workbook to help make their dream room a reality.
The positive impact of involving kids in decor decisions
Decorating your kid’s room isn’t just about how the finished space looks. It’s about the experience you and your child undergo throughout the process – and their feelings of pride and ownership in their new-look bedroom they helped to create. Here’s what happened when we gave a little girl free rein to design her own bedroom…