Nature lovers and explorers alike will find plenty of adventure in this jungle-inspired bedroom scheme. Bursting with vitality and lush greens, this scheme is sure to help them grow and discover their full potential through play. Besides, who wouldn’t want to wake up in an Amazonian rainforest every morning?
Watch the video above and then use this step-by-step guide to create a rainforest backdrop fit for your king or queen of the jungle.
You will need:
- Atmosphere Endurance matt – enough to paint the whole room
- Willow Tree Endurance matt – 2.5 litre tin
- Putting Green Endurance matt – 2.5 litre tin
- Enchanted Eden Endurance matt – 2.5 litre tin
- 2 x 250ml tester pots of Putting Green
- 2 x 250ml tester pots of Intense Truffle
- 2 x rolls of low tack decorators tape - ‘Frog Tape’ is best.
- 1 x roll of normal masking tape
- 4 x small Dulux roller and roller tray sets
- 1 x Dulux 2” brush
- 1 x Dulux 3” emulsion brush
- Tape measure
- Coloured chalk (we recommend children’s coloured chalks, as they stain less)
- Dust sheets
- Small stepladder – preferably one that has a grab handle
Step 1: Paint your chosen base colour and allow it to dry.
Step 2: Measure and mark three horizon points on either side of the wall using a coloured chalk.
Step 3: Cut two pieces of lining paper the length of the wall and tear them both into two horizontally. This creates a torn edge with a wavy line.
Step 4: Line up the torn edge with the top horizon mark (keeping the untorn edge uppermost) and then fix it into place using masking tape (you are going to use the torn edge as the first distant jungle horizon).
Step 5: Use a small paint roller to run over the torn edge and paint down the wall to just beyond the next horizon line. Allow to dry.
Step 6: Once the wall is dry use a new piece of torn paper with a different shaped edge to create the next horizon in the mid tone colour. Repeat this to the floor with the deepest shade.
Step 7: And finally, just add monkeys, elephants, parrots and any of your favourite jungle animals to complete the look.
1. Use 1000 grade lining paper and tear towards you when you make your jungle-scape.
2. Make the farthest horizon look the busiest in shape and create a smoother line for the darkest horizon which is closest to you.
3. Draw the roller down over the edge of the torn paper so you don’t get paint creeping underneath.
Give your little monkey’s bedroom the jungle VIP look with these finishing touches.
Duvet cover set, H&M Home, (£19.99)
Monster claw slippers, John Lewis, (£8)
Leaf canopy, IKEA, (£10)
Looking for more creative kids room ideas? For more inspiration, go to the Dulux Kidspage.